Are you suddenly experiencing an issue with your iOS device randomly restarting (Showing the Spinning Gear or the Apple Logo)? Well we may have found a solution for you! We have experienced a number of devices come through our doors with this issue recently. Here is the fix that has worked for the majority of devices we have serviced with this bug. The instructions below were pulled right from Apple’s website. Give it a shot, you’ll likely see some success with it.
[dt_quote type=”blockquote” font_size=”big” animation=”none” background=”plain”]
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch unexpectedly restarts
If your device with iOS 11 unexpectedly restarts repeatedly on or after December 2, 2017, learn what to do.
Try to update your device to iOS 11.2. After you tap Download and Install, the download will continue even if your device restarts. Wait for the update to complete.
If you can’t update, turn off notifications for all the apps on your device, then update your device to iOS 11.2:
- Tap Settings > Notifications.
- Tap an app, then turn off Allow Notifications. Repeat this step for each app.
- Update your device to iOS 11.2.
- After updating, tap Settings > Notifications and turn Allow Notifications on again for each app.
You can also update your device using iTunes. Follow these steps:
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable that it came with. Your connected device appears as an icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. Learn what to do if you don’t see the icon.
Click the device icon.
- In the Summary tab, click Check for Update. After you click Download and Update, the download will continue even if your device restarts. Wait for the update to complete.
If you’re unable to update or still have issues after the update, contact Apple Support.[/dt_quote]
Did it work for you? If so, subscribe to our “Elite Tech Tips” for more helpful tips on how to add life to your device!